RIP Michael Reichmann

<p>This is truly a great loss. I remember the first time I heard of Luminous Landscape--from Michael Chang, who just posted above. That was some years back.</p>

<p>I just last week cited <em><a href="https://luminous-landscape.com/sony-a7rii-review-and-hands-on-report/">an article on the Sony A7RII by Reichmann</a></em> in a thread on this very forum.</p>

<p>Michael Reichmann, you will be missed.</p>

<p>This is also a reminder to me of my own mortality, since I, too, am seventy-one. Last evening (just a few hours ago), I happened to find an obit for one of my best friends (Dr. Robert Brissie) from my undergraduate institution, Furman. He died in 2013 and I just found out about it--and I didn't even know that he had moved to Alabama (Birmingham),where he had been the coroner for thirty-three years. Time marches on--and stops for no man. Death kindly stops for all of us. We should remember our old friends more often--preferably while they are still alive.</p>

<p>--Lannie</p>

<p>That's sad news. I always quite liked Luminous Landscape and although I have historically preferred to spend time here , it has enough of a different slant to be useful in parallel. I think Michael Reichmann should be remembered and missed for having established a fine and useful site. Condolences to his family and those who knew him personally.</p>

<p>Thank you Jos. The internet photo community has lost a fine friend and sincere reviewer. Sympathies to his friends in many places and to his family in Ontario. Hopefully someone of his ilk will continue to act as he did and as a valuable link between those who produce photographic equipment and those who use it.</p>

<p>And he brought to LL serious, meaty articles, very rare among photo web sites. Great videos, too. I used to watch videos even if I wasn't interested in what they were teaching, just to see Michael and Jeff Schewe joking around. Learned everything I know about Lightroom from them, too.</p>

So sad to hear this. His website has been a regular

internet destination of mine for what seems like

decades. Always interesting and informative in a way

that today's click bait photography sites don't even

come close to matching. I don't know him, but I will miss

him anyway.

• 2 months later...
<p>I was reading one of his reviews this morning and then saw at the bottom that he has left us but maybe somehow just for now. I was very disappointed. I didn't know him, but I enjoyed his valuable commentary for many years. RIP Michael.</p>