ring adapter for 700D and Canon FL bellows.

Hi,

I have a Canon 700D and several macro lenses with the EF mount. I also have a Canon FL bellows which has several advantages over other bellows I've seen:

1. I already own it

2. The tripod mount can be moved back and forth to balance the camera, bellows, and lens.

3. It's well made

4. I already own it

My question is this. If I buy an ring adapter (without optics) to go from the FL mount on the rear of the bellows to the 700D, can I use another of the same type (but reversed, of course,) to mount the EF macro lens to the bellows?

I've never tried anything like this, so I'm really in the dark.

Thanks in advance,

Roy

It should be possible with the proper adapters but it will be difficult to control the aperture of the EF lens. There are adapters which will do this (Novoflex?) but they don't come cheap. There is also a trick to close the aperture while the lens is connected to a body and then remove it, it will stay closed at the aperture set but this is not much fun either. Perhaps better look for a dedicated manual focus macro lens (Nikon, Canon FD, others) or look for an enlarger lens. These can be had for perhaps USD 25 or so and are great for macro work.