right angle mechanical shutter release

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by frank uhlig, Dec 18, 2009.

  1. I am looking for a mechanical shutter cable release (screw-in type) whose tip has a right angle, i.e., does not push out its little tip straight, but rather at a right angle to the cable direction.
    I did see one somewhere recently but cannot recall where and searching via google and on the bay did not reproduce what I had once seen. Anyone know about one? The one I saw was, I think vinyl covered with a crooked 90 degree front tip ... Thanks!
  2. Thanks Sam. But these adapters stick out quite a bit. I have seen them ... knew about them. Looking for a one piece compact item ...
  3. You are going to need a bit of radius if you want to turn a corner with a cable release. Hasselblad grips have a flat plate that rocks against the shutter release while the cable tip presses against the opposite end (like a teeter-totter). I have not seen anything similar for other cameras, but you might cobble something up.

Share This Page