rigging to mount on lightstands

achristensen

I am doing a wedding in several weeks and looking to use 2 hot shoe mount speedlights for the portrait work with

wireless triggers. Anyone have any ideas on how to mount those to my light stands? Is there some kind of adapter

out there for doing such a thing? Thanks so much for your advice! Amy

Okay, here's a quick shot of the clamp with a flash and umbrella, clamped to the kitchen counter. Used this way you can't really aim the umbrella; if that's a requirement you need to attach an umbrella swivel to the stud (which is on the other side of the pivot point, you can't see it here.)<div>00QkdD-69479584.jpg.05fd6a74441b64630a17026632f38e3b.jpg</div>

yah. Got it. I never really put that slot and grip together as an umbrella clamp. Thanks. I use this clamp all

the time, but never with an umbrella for just the reason you state... it's un-aim-able (not a word, but what the

heck).<p> So if in order to use an umbrella with a Justin Clamp, you also need an umbrella swivel/adapter, why

not just use the adapter with a cold shoe? <p>The JC seems to be more of an alternative to a light stand, than an

alternative to an umbrella adapter. I use them to mount lights in odd places like your kitchen counter top, on

doors, under tables, etc. rather than clamped to an umbrella adapter on the top of a light stand holding an

umbrella... Is there something else I'm missing? (entirely possible)... t<div>00Qmyu-70185684.jpg.a236f9c175105baf01eda1f0391e7bdb.jpg</div>

Dunno, Tom. I rarely use it with an umbrella for just the reason you state. Usually if I need an umbrella in a

location that deserves a clamp, I'll go with a SuperClamp (with umbrella swivel) rather than the Justin Clamp.

For me, I'll grab the Justin Clamp when it's just a quick setup and teardown kinda situation using a bare flash.