Riding in the Limo with the couple

daverhaas

<p>Okay - here's a question for those who shoot solo - </p>

<p>Do you ride from the bride's hotel to the wedding and then to the reception with the couple in the limo? Or do you just poke in and stage a few photos? And if you do ride in the limo how do you get back to the initial hotel / house where the whole day started? </p>

<p>For those who have an assistant - it's probably easier - since you can have the assistant either a) do the limo ride or b) have the assistant drive your vehicle from point a to point b to point c. </p>

<p>I have a bride who wants me to ride from her hotel to the church - then from church to reception with them - total of 3 different locations - and I typically work solo - so this is a new one for me. </p>

<p>I did explain to the bride that I do not ride with the couple - since I have equipment that needs to get from point a to point b - and I don't let it out of my control or sight, but wanted to get other takes on this. </p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>Dave - since my hubby & I are always working together, it is easier than being solo.<br />One of us goes w/ the couple/wedding party, and the other follows in our car w/ the equipment (if there will be a stop for more photos at a location). If there will NOT be a photo stop, the one with the car shoots on ahead & starts unloading.</p>

<p>I have only done this with a few very high end weddings in NYC, otherwise never, I go to each location myself. But for a few of these top-shelfers where money was no object and they were handled by an agent, yep, you bet, we got limoed around and returned to the place of start. I've even been limoed from my door in NJ into the city and back for the right client. So not each case was actually with the couple, in some cases we were just getting shuffled around in a separate limo behind them in the city. Any and all equipment was always with us and in a few cases carried, only because that's what the agent arranged, worked for me, lol.</p>

<p>I always work solo and I don't usually ride in the limo. There really is no point, unless there is a stop along the way, and parking at the reception site is really bad, since most of the limo photos can be staged in a short time.</p>

<p>I have ridden in the limo with the couple a few times, though. When I have, I park the car at the reception spot, and take a cab to the hotel or church, having made sure the logistics with my being in the limo have been worked out with the bride. These days, I travel pretty light, so one or two bags/cases and a tripod don't make a lot of difference to the cab or limo space. The cab fare is chargeable.</p>

<p>Hi David,<br>

I do work alone but I hire an assistance to help out, they are worth every dollar since they help more than watching over the equipment. If you need to get few things in your car while you are busy shooting your assistance is few step away. I think any Professional Wedding Photographer don't have an assistance is missing out, it is not the money it is the TIME management.</p>

<p>Hope this help</p>

Why not drive to the reception venue and ask the bride to have some one pick you and your equipment up there. There are friends and family members who would give you a lift back to the hotel. Then you just ride along and at the end of the event, your car will be right where you need it.

<p>If the bride wants you to ride in the limo and you work alone, then quote her the additional cost to accomplish this. She can either pay for an assistant for you or arrange to have you transported to and from your starting and ending venue.</p>