Ricoh Meter: 2 questions

Recently, I bought a set of accessories for my Ricoh 500. One of the part is a

functional clip-on Ricoh-Meter.

I made search on the net but I still have 2 questions about that light meter:

1) what's the meaning and how to use the 3 scales A, C and O (that one in red)?

2) a small accessory shoe is fixed on the side of the meter. What's for? What

kind of accessories is supposed to be clipped on that narrow rail?<div>00LnDE-37349584.jpg.4b0d3f45cb61792cd3381a9860c1fa26.jpg</div>

The only thing that springs immediately to mind is that C and O could mean with the front flap closed and open (is that a slot in the flap? If not, I'm wrong, and a reading closed wouldn't be much help!)

I can't think of anything for A.

Does the meter interface with the shutter speed set on the camera?

It would appear that the two outer dials are for flap closed or open, in very bright light the flap would be used if the needle pegged on the high side of the scale. I think the slot on the side is for a booster cell that would be used indoors or other dim conditions. You will notice there is an insulated contact at the lower portion of the shoe. Some selenium meters had plug in booster cells to increase their range in dim light.

Looking at the design of the lid and dials, I'd bet almost anything that it's made by Sekonic. I wonder if Sekonic made a similar meter without the Ricoh brand.

I had a Sekonic Auto Leader with similar arrangement, including the lid with the little red slash on it, and that little button on the end of the hinge. In that one, the amplifier cell flipped up from beneath.