Retouching outsourcing expectations

michael_taylor9

<p>I'm a photographer who is pretty good at adjusting and correcting photos for my uses. I've been considering doing it for other photographers.<br>

If you are a wedding photographer (the market I am interested in serving), what exactly do you expect from your retoucher? (assuming that you send your wedding shoots out to be retouched)<br>

Also, what are you being charged for the service? (by the hour)<br>

I have the option to add retouching to my photo services and would like as much of an education as possible before I start approaching shooters.<br>

Thanks for your help</p>

We do our own work and I think most photographers do too. Some people of course hate computers and would rather have someone else edit. In this case I would try charging around $60 an hour, depending on where you live. In bigger cities you may be able to attract a higher price if your retouching standards are excellent. I would also hit the commercial studios that photograph weeky ads, such as the Best Buy photographers to interior and exterior building photographers. I actually have a small government contract photographing jet parts for the Air Force. We shoot everything on a green screen, so lots of photoshop skills are needed. These are places you may wish to hit for steady work.

<p>*LOL* I'd pay up to $100 /hr and expect you to do it exactly as I would have done it. Of course I've yet to meet anybody who would do it exactly the way I would do it... sometimes not even me!</p>

<p>I am perfectly serious though, if I'm going to pay for it, I expect that you don't need help, advice, or guidance... and you'll get it right, the first time. If I have to spend any significant time on a job (even on the phone) that I've paid you to do, I'd be pretty unhappy. ...maybe that's why I do it all myself ;-)</p>