Retina III C the last version made

<p>If the metering installation and wiring plus drive pulley arrangement is the same as the Retina model IIIS, then a word of caution is recommended. There is a thin nylon cable that follows a tortuous trip over several pullies that broke on mine. I reassembled it without fixing the meter after all. I have been able to make minor repairs to some cameras in my collection but this one eluded my skills.</p>

<p>The meter movement from from a lllc should fit a lllC. On these two models a knob is turned<br>

to align a marker with the meter needle and the aperture setting is read from a scale on the<br>

knob and then the lens shutter aperture in manually set by the operator.</p>

<p>The lllS is a totally different animal. As the lens aperture setting is changed the marker in the<br>

meter window moves with it. Once the meter needle and the marker are aligned the aperture<br>

is set, thus the need for the string and pulleys.</p>

<p>Well I opened both cameras and both meter housing are totally different I read on by exploring through the internet and found if the meter is removed from the housing you may find corrosion on the back side of the shaft for the meters needle. Clean it off and it should work again. I will try that and report back later</p>