Respooling 220 film for use in 120 cameras

donald_davis2

This may be the most bizarre question I have ever asked, but has anybody ever cut 220 film in half and respooled it onto 120 backing for use in a 120 only camera?

Here's the situation. I have 8 220 rolls of Plus-X that has been stored in a 0F/-18C freezer. It was for my Bronica GS-1 which experienced a mechanical failure with the body that renders the camera useless with ANY back attached. I’ve thought about selling the lenses, backs, and prisms and purchasing a refurbished or lightly used RB67. But I’m putting together a darkroom as I was given an Omega B66 enlarger with a dichroic head. Obviously I cannot use 6x7!in this enlarger but I have a working Minolta Autocord that is a 120 only model.

Simply put, I love Plus-X and had great results with it in my Autocord. I see no reason to continue with 6x7 if I do not plan to print larger than 11x14. And I’d love to have a chance to use Plus-X again. I know the film is in good shape as I shot a roll at box speed before the camera malfunctioned. The results were very good.