Resize with Capture NX

ntv666

Dear Guys

Can you please advice me how to resize the images in batches (JPG) after Raw coversion in CAP NX. (Now I have to go

to PIC Project and import the JPEG files and Export to another file with resized images. Can this be done in Cap NX or

under viewNX? Thanks in advance

Presuming you are using a PC (don't know if it's the same on a mac)....

In the 'edit' menu in capture NX you can adjust the size and resolution of you images, either in pixels or prosent. Then you open the 'browser' tab (in Cap NX), right click on the image you have changed and choose 'copy settings'. Then select all the images in the folder you want to change, right click on them and choose 'paste settings'.

That should work. Remember to change the output file format to jpeg in the batch process settings menu. otherwise they will be processed as nefs.

There are several ways of doing the conversion, tif or jpg.

Make a batch job whit the 'size / Resolution' function from the Edit menu. Assuming you have several files you want to change to the same size.

Select the files in the NX2 Browser, Right click on one of them and chose 'Load adjustments' and the job you Created.

A window pops up and you get a change to save the files as jpg/tiff anywere you want.

Hope this helps too.

Sorry, but what I said before wasn't quite right. I'll try again.

Open a picture, change the size (in the edit menu) and whatever else you want. Then save those settings, using the 'batch' menu, in the folder of your choice (changes you have made appear in the edit list on the right hand side of your screen).

When that is done, you then open the 'browser' window (on the left hand side of your screen), select the pictures you want in your batch, right click on them and choose 'load settings'. Choose the settings you have just saved.

In the next window that opens, choose location and format (jpeg).

Sorry about the first posting, but I think I have explained it right this time.

I want to use this batch process to resize a large number of images, each into three different sizes, from many folders stored in View

NX. I may be wrong, but it appears to me that the process described above (by Hamish and Jens) is going to apply ALL the settings

on the original image. If so, this wouldn't work for me. I want each image to keep its own settings, so the only change I apply by batch

is the resizing. If I'm right about the above instructions, is there a way to batch only the resizing? Thanks.

Okay, I've got it figured out. I've saved selected NEF images (not changing to JPEG yet) to a desktop folder from ViewNX via

CaptureNX, then created a sizing adjustment and saved the setting under batch. I've closed the original, then opened Capture and

gone through the process of applying the batch setting to the NEF files in my desktop folder. These I save to a designated folder as

JPEGs. I discovered along the way that if I do try to apply settings from an image that has several adjustments on it, Capture presents

me a checklist and allows me to uncheck the settings I do not want to copy. Pretty cool and will save me a lot of time, I think. Thanks

guys.