First, take a look at <a

href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=15

6276">this presentation</a>. You may not recognize it at first as a

photo.net presentation.. look at the html. This is just an idea I

played with that worked and I like it.

</p>

I'm requesting that some features be added to make presentations look

a bit nicer, and not so "I wrote this in HTML class today". A table

wrapping each image and text (or one table w/ image+text per row)

would help out a lot. I have ideas and specifics for implementing

them if you'd like to hear them.

</p>

-C

That's a pretty creative use of the fairly limited options provided in the "Presentation" format! (I like the photos too).

<p>Even looking at your HTML, I'm not quite clear how you did it, given the constraints that seem to be built into the system for creating and editing photo.net presentations. That system limits the user to a "Beginning Note", notes accompanying the individual photos that are selected to be in the presentation, and an "Ending Note". You can use HTML when writing the contents of these notes areas and it will be picked up, so that you can make the "Beginning Note" and "Ending Note" areas look pretty much how you want. However, I haven't found a way to alter the left alignment of the individual photos or to have the text wrap around them differently.

<p>Did you do yours by just putting all the code in the "Beginning Note" and "Ending Note" areas? If so, I'm puzzled about that, too, because in putting together <a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=97863">my presentation</a>, I found that there seems to be a size limit built in to those areas. My "Beginning Note" section is about 3200 characters � saving it out as a plain-vanilla .txt file it runs to only about 4 Kb � but it got to the point where if I tried to add much of anything to it -- say, one more sentence -- I always got an error message when I click "Changed Beginning Note". The same thing is true of the "Ending Note". Not that I had that much more to say, but it seemed kind of odd there was this space limit when there is no such limit on photos.

Dave: I must say, a simple pleasant layout (the top and bottom that is). BTW, your "Dead End; US Hwy. 24, north of Leadville, Colorado" image has it's alt tag messed up. Just happened to notice. (BTW, I'm from Colorado : )</p>

As far as how I did it: I used the standard interface to add all my photos, then I put in all the tags in the text fields. The problem is that things are not logically grouped. I had to put some tags and text that really go with one image in the box for the previous image. This means that I can't rearrange the order of images easily at all. What really messed things up as a whole is the <br> tags that the system sticks in after every image. This does mean, however, that I never ran into the size limit problems Dave had, because everything is split up between all the image fields. For certain layouts though this method probably won't work either.

</p>

Dave's presentation is a good example of what I would like to see possible. The modifications necessary are not big at all (well, apart from probably adding new database fields.. ; ). In this case, simply allow the <br> tag to be put after the text, and not directly following the image, along with being able to define the align property for the image. Also, put in a "before image text" field so those tags don't have to go in the previous image's "after text". From a page design point of view, as I said before, wrap each image/text/tags in a table and things stay nicely together and separate from other images.. many possiblities.</p><hr width=5% align=left>

I forgot to say in my original post, I'd also like to see some possiblity of making things look more like a gallery rather than a presentation. On my personaly web site I did some experimenting with insane table nesting to get the look I wanted. (I'm not saying this should be done here..)