Replacing Canon A-1 Covering

PapaTango

So I am in the middle of this complete teardown and rebuild of my two A-1s. I suspect the second is joining the 'donor stock' disguised as a shelf queen...

Having custom covered a whole lot of other cameras (RB67, Busch Pressman, Argus C3, Yashicamat) it calls for a new cover! Sadly, it seems that the https://cameraleathers.com site has been "under update" for some time--Wayback Machine says it has not changed since 2019! I have sent an inquiry, but does anyone know if he is still selling?

I see on Fleabay a producer 'Hugostudio' that seems to be making these items also from reclaimed leather. Does anyone know anything about this person?

Edited by PapaTango

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

Yeah, I saw this in searching for other providers of skins. I hope that the cameraleather guy is OK, but as we know, all of us grow older and things disappear...

Whoever proper is running the store on eBay appears to be the most pertinent seller's skins--it's quite a trick to CAD out patterns and then laser cut them to camera form. I have done several in which I've cut raw leather and attached. It's a nuisance, as the edges have to be microtomed to present a proper appearance. It's a lot of work.

I currently have about a yard of green bookbinding leather. But it's not the color I want to use. Hopefully, this situation will resolve...

"I See Things..."

There's always fake fur, too...

Yeah, that would have been great when I had the pondee with the paneled walls, shag carpet, swag lamp, and a waterbed. Ahhh, the 70s...

Oh, don't forget the spider plant!

Glad to see you. Did you bring the good weed?

• Like 1

"I See Things..."

• 9 months later...