Replacement Condensing Lens for Rollei P66s Projector

User_2000406

<p>Several years ago I bought a used Rollei P66s projector from B&H Photo at a hefty price. It came without a lamp or trays so I couldn't really test it, though the fan worked fine when I plugged it in and turned it on. Over time I located a lamp and an instruction manual online, and only then did I notice that the condenser lens was loose. The unit had been shipped (contrary to the instructions in the manual, which the shipper didn't have to refer to) with the condenser lens installed instead of removed and safely padded, so it had broken loose in transit. By the time I discovered this it was way too late to return the unit.</p>

<p>Searches of Google, eBay, KEH, B&H, and Adorama turn up nothing. I had hoped to maybe find a non-working unit to cannibalize. It looks like I'm out of luck, though I'd appreciate any leads or ideas. Would it be possible to tape the loose lens into place, or are the optical tolerances too tight to match that easily?</p>

<p>Obviously, the lesson here is to take apart any item of this sort and check for damage inside, if the unit can not be properly tested within a reasonable period. Lessons learned...</p>

<p>Bill, if you're in the USA you might try Edmund Scientific in New Jersey...just a guess. Also you may want to try Harry Fleenor in the LA area to see if he has a line on Rollei parts, Krikor Maralian in the NYC area for Rollei parts, or possibly Manfred Schmidt in the Chicago area to see if they've even heard of parts availability.</p>