Replace the bellow of my Polaroid 110a

trent westin

I am in big troubles because I have to replace the bellow of my Polaroid 110a camera. It is

a conversion made in Germany (I think) that I found in a second hand shop a couple of

years ago. Now the bellow is unbearable, this morning finally cracked. Now there is a big

open wound I can fix anymore. So I thought I can buy a cheap 110 or similar with a

good bellow and make a switch. But the bellow is fixed with rivets and here I stop and I

"cry for help".

Do you now how to replace 110 bellows?

Thank you ttw

Hi Trent.

Replacing the 110A bellows is not so difficult. I convert such cameras frequently to both 4x5 and 6x12 and have to remove the bellows. If you open the rear of the camera and remove the lens nut, (either use a lens spanner or a long fine pair of pointy nose pliers, CAREFULL NOT TO DAMAGE THE GLASS!) then you can remove the shutter assembly. There are 4 small phillips head screws holding the bellows to the front standard and when removed will allow the front bellows plate to be removed. Next, just grab the bellows and pull them away from the camera body! Next, make sure the replacement bellows is nice and straight around the frame. Bend the retaining tags on the camera body outward and after applying a small bead of black silicone around the perimeter, carefully install the new one. Make sure the bellows frame locates over the tags, then bend these tags back over the bellows frame. All that is needed is to replace the 4 screws and refit the shutter. If this seems a daunting task, then simply ship me the camera and I`ll do it for you for FREE!

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 14 years later...
Remember, bellows are made by the hand of man (or woman) and it's not too difficult with a bit of practice. If you want to try it, this might help- Product Details | Bellows Replacement by Dan Mitchell | Bellows Replacement | Service Manuals | Learn Camera Repair

Thanks conrad_hoffman! Yes, it is the best option, I am very grateful for the pdf. Regards!