Repair on a RadioPopper JrX receiver

scrivyscriv

<p>Hey all,<br />It's been a while since I've posted on P-net but I started having issues with my RadioPopper JrX system and wanted to share the root cause and solution, in case anyone else is having problems too.<br /><br />I had two JrX receivers and Canon RPcubes triggering Canon 430EX & EXII flashes, and started getting an intermittent trigger on receiver 'A' and no triggering at all on receiver 'B.' I'm outside of my warranty so I opened up both triggers and found that one leg on the 3.5mm sync port had snapped off at the board and was making intermittent contact, causing the no-trigger symptom in receiver 'A.' I de-soldered and removed the jack port, soldered a tiny wire to the contact and resoldered it to the board. <br>

Receiver 'B' just needed to be unsoldered and reseated, and worked fine after I did that.<br /><br />The root issue I had was too much physical stress being put on the jacks, causing them to 'work' on the board and come loose. <br /><br />Bottom line, don't put any stress on your jacks when you plug in. I had my RP cord wrapped around the flash body to take up the slack, and that's what did it. </p>