<p>I'm not absolutely sure, but I don't think you can. Bridge looks to be an integral part of CS3. Although it has a separate listing in the Desktop program list (PC), it does not show up separately in Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. There may be an option for not installing it when you install CS3, but I don't recall. Have you checked with Adobe?</p>

<p>You didn say if you are on a Mac or a PC; or even your goal to remove Bridge.<br>

<br /> You can just not spool/load Bridge too; ie like ignoring any other program.<br>

<br /> On the laptop here old CS2's Bridge takes up about 88 megs; less than one of my Phase One scans that is 105 megs.<br>

If there are some issues with your CS3's Bridge; has it been updated?<br>

Often there are updates to make it run abit better.<br>

With old CS's Bridge it would not work on an ancient P2 box; after updates it worked.<br>

With an ancient computer like a P2 or P3; old Photoshop 7's Browse is radically quicker than using Bridge; like an order of magnitude. Thus with an older box say one thats mostly used for scanning; If I have to search I use Photoshop 7's Browse; instead of Photoshop CS2's or CS3's Bridge. Each usage of Bridge leaves some files where it had to sort out the images in a directory; thus each directory of CD peeked at leaves files. After many months one might have several hundred files one can delete; buried in the users area.</p>

<p>Each usage of Bridge leaves some files where it had to sort out the images in a directory; thus each directory of CD peeked at leaves files. After many months one might have several hundred files one can delete; buried in the users area. ie Adobe/Bridge/Cache/Thumnails. The box here has about 2 gigs worth of crud in 4000 files</p>

<p>Thanks for the responses. btw I'm talking about CS3 Bridge which doesn't show up in the add/remove dialogue. Simply put, the functionality of the free prog 'Faststone' does everything I want and is totally stable whereas Bridge is missing features and is crash prone - despite my puter being zippy.</p>