Remote firing/slaving 1DX II, 5D mk III?

bfmelton

Hello,

I'm going to be be doing some dance photography in the near future. I'd like to place one DSLR on a tripod with a wide-enough lens to capture the full stage/corps de ballet while holding or monopodding a second body with a longer lens to catch principal dancers from a different angle. I'll be working with 1DX II, 5D III, and 5D IV, so any combination of those will be acceptable. I need a way of firing the tripod camera whenever I fire the one I'm holding. No need to be able to adjust the remote camera's exposure settings--I'll just have to adjust that directly at the beginning of each scene. Is there any kind of remote firing/slave system that would enable me to do this? Thanks for any info.

Edited by bfmelton

Hello,

I'm going to be be doing some dance photography in the near future. I'd like to place one DSLR on a tripod with a wide-enough lens to capture the full stage/corps de ballet while holding or monopodding a second body with a longer lens to catch principal dancers from a different angle. I'll be working with 1DX II, 5D III, and 5D IV, so any combination of those will be acceptable. I need a way of firing the tripod camera whenever I fire the one I'm holding. No need to be able to adjust the remote camera's exposure settings--I'll just have to adjust that directly at the beginning of each scene. Is there any kind of remote firing/slave system that would enable me to do this? Thanks for any info.

I believe yongnuo manual flash triggers can fire 'slaves' with the master