Remote controlling the camera wirelessly

nirvan_a

<p>Depends on the camera. With my EOS 6D and 70D I can connect with the built-in WiFi to my iPhone or iPad and use EOS Remote for LiveView, triggering and tweaking settings. Takes a few minutes and the manual to set it up (very cryptic interface). Other models require third party hardware and an app for wireless control. Since you didn't indicate what camera you're using, we can only guess what you might need.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p> I use Cam Ranger with my 1DX, 7D, and 5D Mk II. It works a treat and gives a nice live view image on the Ipad as well as extending the multi exposure capabilities for HDR photography beyond the limitations of the camera and focusing on any point of the image I designate whether the camera has a focus point there or not. </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>If you are cheap like me you mioght want to check out DSLRREMOTE http://www.breezesys.com/purchase_dslrrempro.htm<br>

The only downside of this app is you need a small laptop I use a cheap little winbook and velcro it to my Tripod. Then I can use my Iphone or Android to control every setting on the camera and my Iphone becomes the Live-view of what the camera is seeing. Does, HDR, time lapse, etc. Pretty cool for the price.</p>