Reliable repairman near Philadelphia?

Hi,

I own a Voigtlander Vitessa camera in perfect condition. The only flaw

is an objective's lens with a peeling-off coating unless it is fungus,

I don't know.Also, I would like the rangefinder to be adjusted.

Do you know a reliable repairman able to do it, preferably in the

Philadelphia area?

Thanks a lot.

Nicolas

I've used Comet Camera twice, not recently. My experience with them was bad. But since decades have passed since I've gone near them, they may have reformed. Please find out and report back.

Comet repaired a broken sync post on my Nikkormat, rewired the X contacts to the M post and the M contacts to the X post. The flash fired. Result? I lost ALL of my flash shots from a trip to Costa Rica. Comet offered no redress, did rewire the posts correctly at no charge. They're generous, I'd say.

I had Comet AI convert an older Nikkor. Asked them, and they agreed, to do the job right and replace the aperture control ring etc. Instead they milled a notch, and badly. I screamed and they sent the lens to Nikon. They follow directions, if beaten hard enough.

Try Roth, if they're still in business. If your lens has a problem, no one here can deal with it. John Van Stelten at Focal Point Optics (do a web search) is your best bet for that, if you think the recoating the lens is worth the cost. Roth should be able to do your RF.

Good luck,

Dan