Register with Photo.net and get $25 to spend at Blurb.com...Become a PN subscriber and get $50!

joshroot

<p>Photo.net is really excited to announce a great new partnership with Blurb. For a limited time, new users who register with Photo.net will get $25 worth of credit to Blurb and new (or renewed) Photo.net subscribers will get $50 in credit. Use your credit to make Blurb photo books for friends, family or just yourself.</p>

<p>Looking for a special gift? Spend $25 to become a Photo.net subscriber and use the $50 in credit to make a unique Blurb photo book. Know of a photographer who isn’t active on Photo.net? Tell them about the $25 credit and help them register and join our community. Wish one of your Photo.net friends would publish a collection of their images? Purchase a gift subscription for them and tell them that the $50 is encouragement to make the photo book you’ve been waiting for.</p>

<p><strong>How do I get the credit?</strong><br /> When you register or subscribe with photo.net, you will receive an Photo.net <a href="../help/community/messaging/">internal message</a> with a special code to use when checking out through <a href="http://www.blurb.com/photonet">http://www.blurb.com/photonet</a></p>

<p>If you are unfamiliar with the Photo.net internal messaging system, there is a <a href="../help/community/messaging/">tutorial right here</a>.</p>

<p><strong>What can I spend my Blurb credit on?</strong><br /> You can use your Blurb credit on anything that Blurb sells.</p>

<p><strong>Is this a $25/50 off $____ coupon?</strong><br /> No, this is exactly the same as a gift certificate. Photo.net and Blurb are encouraging you to try out Blurb's photo books by giving you some credit to get started.</p>

<p><strong>I JUST subscribed recently, can I get in on this offer?</strong><br>

<br />The answer is "maybe" depending on when you subscribed. Please us the <a href="../info/contact-us">"Contact Us"</a> form and send me an email to discuss.</p><div>00b8rk-508799584.jpg.015d205887270a91030df638fabd45d6.jpg</div>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The offer is good, but I wish to share my mixed feelings with Blurb:

I recently ordered from France a 20x20cm album with their most expensive premium paper, composed with pictures taken with my eos 5d

mkII, processed carefully in lightroom on a deltaE<2 calibred lcd screen. When I first received the album, there were very clear marks of

printing visible with naked eye (horizontal lines with a regular spacing) and the quadrichromy ''pixels'' were very visible, thus generating

chromatic noise, loss of detail and color banding.. Considering the page size was 20x20, all these defects were clearly visible and

annoying.

I contacted Blurb and provided them with a scan of the book I got and they did not hesitate to provide le with a new coopy, free of charge.

When I received the new copy, the visible printing lines had disappeared but the quadrichromy printing pixels were still very visible and

degraded heavily my pictures:

As a conclusion:

* Do not use Blurb for printing quality photo books, unless you print very large formats (in which case details loss, noise and banding will

be much less visible at tje reading distance)

* I however have to admit their customer service was reactive and supportive.

One question remains: is there any photo book printing company out there who does not use quadrichromy printing, but rather standard

inkjet printing with 300dpi at least, and accepts low volume orders at reasonable cost ? (I might be asking for a miracle... ;-)