Recovering deleted NEF Files? Best way to do it?

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by john_e|2, Oct 4, 2012.

1. I took pictures and deleted them from my camera. I've recover my photos but they're not being recovered. What is the best software to recover NEF raw images? If I delete pictures from the camera will the recovery program be able to find them?

2. It should be. Recovery programs look for files, not specific types of files, so whether it's a JPEG or a NEF should not matter. If you did not use the memory cards after deleting the files, recovering them shouldn't be a problem; if you did you may have lost files.

3. I didn't use the file but I deleted the files from the camera. I'm able to recover files that I deleted from the sd card via the computer, but not the one's deleted from the camera in the field.

4. I didn't use the file but I deleted the files from the camera. I'm able to recover files that I deleted from the sd card via the computer, but not the one's deleted from the camera in the field.

5. If you've deleted photos in the field and then re-used the card you may have over-written some files and they will not be available. What tool are you using to do the recovery?

6. when you say "deleted from camera" I'm suspecting your camera has built in memory. what camera is it? I think it very unlikely you,d be
    able to recover files from camera memory

7. I deleted the pictures from the sd card in the camera. D3100 Nikon. I deleted from the card in the camera as apposed to from the card at my computer.