recommendation of NYC area photographer (sorry if not allowed!)

kaiyen

All, I apologize if this is not allowed in this forum. I wasn't sure

if the prohibition of "wanted" messages included recommendations for

photographers. I would not go out on a limb like this under other

circumstances. If this is not allowed, please forgive me, and feel

free to delete this posting (though hopefully not before I get a

couple of responses...).

I am looking for recommendations for photographers in the NYC area.

My best friend is having a reception there and is having a hard time

finding a photographer. The complication is that it is not for a

wedding - the wedding is in Michigan, and this is a "followup"

reception-type event for the family that could not travel. He is not

looking for a "full" wedding or reception package and is having a

hard time working details out with photographers.

Again, I'm really sorry if this is inappropriate. I follow this forum

quite a bit out of pure interest and you guys seem to all know so

much. Perhaps one of you is located or recommends someone in that

immediate area.

thank you, allan chen

Allen, when is the event?

If your friend hasn't booked the Michigan photographer (I live in Michigan), and I'm

available on the two dates, I am willing to travel to NYC and finish the job by shooting the

reception also.

I cover my own travel expenses using the zillion airline points I accumulate on business

trips, and pay my own room & board by making a mini vacation of it before the event date,

(My wife and I travel to NYC on a regular basis both for pleasure and vacation).

I have shot all over the USA in this manner, and have two weddings in Miami a week from

this weekend for example.

Click on my name to go to my PN wedding folder. My e-mail address is there also if there

is any interest.<div>0086Vu-17783284.jpg.c31281833c9f4138c082195707d50cf2.jpg</div>

Allan - I suspect that part of the problem that you are running into is that most photographers who derive most, or a significant, portion of their income from weddings don't want to book a small gig on a day that they can book a big one. Part time shooters, who do this for any number of reasons, tend to be more flexible; as exemplified by Marc's offer. The quality of part time shooters is all over the place. Marc is probably one of the best part timers out there. If the date doesn't work out for Marc, drop me a line.

Doh - sorry I forgot to include the date. wedding is May 29-30 in Michigan, 2nd reception on June 13 in NJ, very close to NYC.

I was so busy saying sorry for posting that I forgot that rather important bit of info.

I realize that it's difficult to find someone who can do just 1 event (in package terms, it's kind of like 1/2 of an event). But my experiences researching wedding photographers gave me the impression that the ones he's been talking to are charging on the high end. I figured, if I were going to help him out, I should ask the experts if they had any recommendations.

Marc, Bruce - I'll get back to you depending on what my friend says re: Michigan. Thanks very much.

thanks

allan