rechargeable battery and power adapter for ist DS

craig_hlady

I just got my ist DS last week and am looking for some accessories on line . Are all CR-V3

Lithiom rechargeable batteries and chargers out there compatable for this camera regardless

of milliamps 1100,1400 etc. ? And how about universal AC adapters that offer 6.5 volts ?

There is a pretty wide gap in prices when I search. Any brands or vendors that anyone is

using sucessfully with the ist DS that they would recommend?

thanks, Craig

Although it isn't really what you asked and I don't know how you use your camera; but I've had excellent luck just using regular non-rechargeable CR-V3 batteries. I hate messing with batteries and I'd like to not have to worry about them and just carry one in the bag for a backup.

I don't use on camera flash, only have the display set up to be on for 1 second after the capture and try not to review my shots unless I need to. I shoot RAW and get around 1200+ shots with one set of batteries. I don't take a ton of pictures either though so those 1200 shots are spread out over months; making the batteries more economical. If you too a lot of pictures constantly buying batteries would get a little expensive.

Just something to think about.

Alan

Two points 1)Rechargable AAs work great and are very cheap. I get about 5-600 shots per set with 2400mAh batteries. 2) This is totally unsubstantiated news, so take it accordingly, but when I first got my ist DS last year I read quite a bit about the battery issue and I found several places that claimed there WAS a significant risk of damage if the wrong type of rechargable CR-V3 was used. Many users reported great performance with the correct type, though. I found this on the web with little searching at the time. I don't know enough to determine whether this is right or not, so I just went with the AAs and have never felt the need for anything "better."

RE: Rechargeable CR-V3 batteries - on e-bay and elsewhere, all the ones I have seen are made in Asia and from experience with other Asian batteries I have become very leerie unless the are a major brands.

I ordered two Rechargeable CR-V3 batteries and a charger off of e-bay -- paid by a money order. Never received them, they would not answer my e-mail. Finally I called their phone number - got an answering machine -- they never returned my call.

The reson I am alerting potential buyers is: The vendor had a hideous record of negative comments and no shipments. So be sure to read the track record of e-bay sellers. I failed to do this, sure will from now on.

I use non-rechargeable CR-V3 batteries and get 1000+ shots. Also I carry MaHa Rechargeables AA just in case. Can use them in my DS or external flash.

I had difficulty finding an AC adapter for mine, it was not a challenge to find a suitable voltage but a plug to suit was the problem. While I was searching for this I was offered a Kodak adapter which is rated at 6.5 volts rather than the desired 6.0 volts and had a plug of exactly the right size! I cut the cable and put a single diode in series to get the voltage drop and everything works as desired.

Anyone know about any of these recharchable CRV3 batteries. for ist DS? Does it matter

about the larger 1400 milliamp as long as it's 3V? I know they should last longer.

http://www.shopxtreme.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=crv3

this seem similar to the kodak CRV3 that seem to work well from comments on other

forums?It does come with a kodak charger so I wonder if it's pretty much the same . They

do list other pentax cameras in the compatability list but didn't mention ist DS.

http://www.digital-camera-battery.net/kodak-camera-batteries/cr-v3.htm#

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRV-3-CRV3-Battery-Charger-2-AA-

Rechargeable_W0QQitemZ7603340706QQcategoryZ48518QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I suppose you get what you pay for .