Rebel t-3 editing programs

lizweisiger

I am about to uninstall the editing programs (Digital Photo Professional, Image Browser, and Preview) which came

with the camera because they have been very problematic to manage, and they aren't that good. I like Adobe

Bridge to CS3. Will doing this cause me more trouble in the future? Isn't Bridge enough? I mainly shoot portraits and landscapes.

<p>I don't think CS3 can open T3 RAW. You need to upgrade to CS5. Of course if you only shoot JPEGs, that is a moot point. If you do shoot RAW, DPP is good to keep around even if you mainly use Aperture, LR or ACR for conversion. Why? Every once in a while a problematic image converts much better in DPP (in fact looks better at defaults even after 30 minutes of toil in LR). I do most of my RAW conversions in Aperture 3 but still find DPP useful every now and again.</p>

<p>Preview is not a Canon program. It is the PDF reader/editor that ships with every Mac although it can open images, it is not intended as a photo editor and shouldn't be used as such. I'd keep that one unless you have the full version of Abobe Acrobat installed...</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

I appreciate the response. I found out about the Raw files not reading in CS3 the hard way. I prefer to shoot in Raw, so I uploaded all the program material which came with the camera. I've had nothing but trouble ever since so I've decided to trash the programs DDP and IB, and go back to using CS3 with Bridge. I don't feel like I should have to upgrade to CS5 just for this camera. So that's why I want to check with people to see if I will cause myself more problems by uninstalling these programs. I'm tired of the hassles associated with working through DPP. What do you think?

<p>I think that you must have a computer problem. I have loaded DPP on 4 different laptops over the years and I have never had a problem with it. I use DPP to convert raw images and then use photoshop. I would suggest you uninstall all the Canon software and then reinstall only DPP. If you still have problems, then I believe your problems are computer related.</p>

<p>I think that you must have a computer problem. I have loaded DPP on 4 different laptops over the years and I have never had a problem with it. I use DPP to convert raw images and then use photoshop. I would suggest you uninstall all the Canon software and then reinstall only DPP. If you still have problems, then I believe your problems are computer related.</p>

<p>Other than the awkward interface, DPP runs fine on my Mac under 10.68. Rock solid in fact. And it gets slightly better in terms of features with each update. I haven't tried it under Lion but in the past Canon lags a couple months in updating DPP for new OS.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>DPP has some virtues, and none of the programs take up a lot of space in modern terms. Nothing says you have to use them, but there may be times when one of them comes in handy.<br /> You do NOT really want to get rid of Preview - that's used by lots of programs for (guess what?) previews. It is, as said, not a Canon program.<br /> Canon has not upgraded some of these for Lion on the Mac, however, so you are likely to find Bridge adequate although it is actually a little more awkward for downloads than the Canon software (I have CS 5.5, and it tends to choke if you try to name the files in certain ways). There is a Lion version of EOS Utility. Check Canon's site for upgrades; they are working on it.</p>