Reattaching Bellows

brian_staples

<p>Greetings:</p>

<p>I have a <strong>Toyo Field 4¾ x 6½</strong> metal field camera that I bought a while back. It was disassembled but essentially complete. I've cleaned the camera up, reassembled it and it's in wonderful shape. I've been stopped, however, by how the bellows attach to the camera. I've talked with a local repair shop, and even with Toyo, and apparently this camera is just old enough to not have complete information on it anywhere.<br>

I understand there was, at one time, a schematic for this camera. Does anyone have a set that could be reproduced for me? I would of course compensate you for the schematics. Also, if anyone has knowledge of exactly how the bellows attach to the front and rear standards, I'd appreciate the guidance.<br>

Thanks in advance.<br>

Brian</p>

<p>Are you talking about that old grey "Toyo Sakai" field camera, made in about the 1960s? I have one too.</p>

<p>There should be a flat thin metal frame on the front of the bellows. This screws onto the back of the front standard. The threads are metric, and the screws are tiny.</p>

<p>The rear of the bellows glues into the rear standard. Use contact cement for best results; barring that, rubber cement would work okay. Make sure that the bellows seam is at the bottom of the bellows once it's mounted.</p>

<p>Yes, this is the camera. I have the metal frame but no screws (screws are easy to get). Does the bellow glue to the frame, or does the frame glue inside the first bellow pleat and then screw into the frame?</p>

<p>Reattaching the bellows will be an adventure for me, but once it's complete I'm looking forward to running some film through it.</p>

<p>Thanks for your help, Michael.</p>

<p>Brian</p>