rear lens caps for 90mm F6.8 Angulon/Fuji 150mm F6.3

r.r.j._wiest

I?m wondering what size rear lens caps the 90mm F6.8 Schneider Angulon and 150mm F6.3 Fuji take. I

bought these lenses for my Wista field camera, but they didn?t come with rear lens caps. I?ve been

protecting them in lens wraps, but would like to get rear caps. I?ve been looking on the Internet, but

haven?t had much luck.

Check B&H - I've bought many lens caps from them in various mm sizes. Just measure the outer diameter of the lens and get a cap that is that size or slightly larger. If the cap is loose, you can stick a small bit of adhesive felt material from a light seal repair kit or the fabric store in the inner lip of the cap to take up the slack - works like a charm.

- R

Before adding just any non-photographic plastic cap to a lens or a filter make sure that

there are no plasticizers in the plastic that might migrate to the lens or filter. Should you

get something covering your lens or filter that does have plasticizers that can migrate

your lens or filter will be ruined. The plasticizers usually will not clean off the lens or

filter.

That said, a push-on German lens cap from Kaiser has a list price of $15.95 for a

120mm and $8.95 to $11.95 for all smaller sizes down to 23mm. There usually is no

reason to pay more (most camera stores discount so the list prices are higher then retail)

as the Kaiser caps come in virtually all sizes for virtually all lenses.