Real or scam?

ron_shaw

Same here :

Dear photo.net member, Hans Van Rafelghem

We are updating our Terms & Conditions of Use and Policy to provide you with better service, and wanted to share the details with you. These updates are effective starting February 26, 2018.

Your account will be billed and switched automatically to Premium Membership starting February 26, 2017.

Please find Details and our Terms & Conditions of Use changes.

Please note: If you already have a premium membership please follow the steps provided in the link above.

Thank you for for becoming a premium member!

Your account will be billed $29.95 yearly.

The next charge will be 03/01/2017.

Your Receipt:

You Purchased:

1 year Premium Membership

You Paid:

$29.95

Your Name:

Hans Van Rafelghem

Your Email:

Premium Expires:

Sunday 1th of October 2018

Has photo.net been compromised? How did they get our email addresses? Got same email in the junk folder. Have not visited this site for a long time. How do I close/delete my account? I understand you will not delete previous posts, photos, etc.

we believe this was related to the previous attack, but still investigating. We will have an announcement as soon as we have more. Site wide notifications are being set up and will be live soon. We have also been responding to emails sent to us directly but those responses are limited to 1.) it was not from us and 2.) we are investigating more and will have and announcement once we are done with the investigation. It won't be long, I believe this is related to the attack in September but we'll have more soon.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure how they got my credit card number but they DID charge my credit card $29.95. Being disputed and changed account number. This pisses me off. I may have used this card to donate to photo.net some years ago. Would there still be a record of this card at photo.net?

Anybody?

Edited by Garret