Real-life uses of USB cable (UC-E22) with D850

tropdude

What are the real-life uses, potentials of the supplied Nikon UC-E22 USB cable with D850? I have been dragging around one such cable on my travels (2-8 weeks), but never needed and it is heavy. Before I permanently leave at home, I would like to know what opportunities I may miss out if not having one at hand. (Both photo and video functions)

What are the real-life uses, potentials of the supplied Nikon UC-E22 USB cable with D850? I have been dragging around one such cable on my travels (2-8 weeks), but never needed and it is heavy. Before I permanently leave at home, I would like to know what opportunities I may miss out if not having one at hand. (Both photo and video functions)

The UC-E22 USB cable connects your D850 to the computer, for the purpose of transferring files to/from your computer. I believe most people don't bother to use it. Mine is normally and permanently left at home in the protective sheath that it comes with.

It's much better to use a USB card reader to transfer files from camera to computer. It's lighter and safer. Safer because one does not need to worry about the probability of losing/corrupting some images in the event the camera battery conks out when the files are being transferred.

Never had a card reader - my computer has an sdhc slot, and I have two cables for most commonly used cameras plugged in all the time, When I use one of my less favorite cameras easy enough to switch cords.. Works for me, and never as yet compromised a Nikon plug cover.

I am living with about 30-35 degree C 9-10 months a year except now, where we have an extreme cold winter at 20 degree C and that is very likely the reason, that the plug covers do not keep their shape. The speed of a card reader is irrelevant for me as an amateur, as I have not yet exceeded 2,000 pictures/day.

• Like 1