Ready to give up on PN

rogerwb

<p>No matter which forum I go to, I do not receive any pictures posted except the one that may be included in the original post. Comments are all blank except for text. I may need to unsubscribe as this situation makes PN totally useless to me.</p>

<p>Given so many of use do NOT have this issue, there MUST be something different going on, at your end. I would suggest the stuff Matt mentioned. If you have Internet Explorer as your primary browser, I would to a "reset", under the tool menu and get the browser back to factory settings. It could very well be a plugin issue or a security setting in the browser.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Where are you accessing the web from? </p>

<p>Many times companies have web filters in place to prevent loading from "personal" storage devices and I've found that PNet storage is considered to be in that category by some filters. </p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>I agree with Matt, John, and Dave. This sounds like a local browser issue and not one with the site, itself. Although, to be honest, I'm not sure I understand what the issue <em>is</em>.<br /><br /><br /></p>

<blockquote>

<p>No matter which forum I go to, I do not receive any pictures posted except the one that may be included in the original post.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Is this in reference to the Critique Forum or maybe No Words?<br /><br /><br /></p>

<blockquote>

<p>Comments are all blank except for text.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>This needs further clarification because, on its face, it sounds as though you are describing something that works exactly as it should but obviously, something has changed for you recently that is affecting your experience on PN.</p>

<p>I am running Windows 7 and Google Chrome. The problem seems to be intermittent. Sometimes I get all the pics, then only the first , then the first two. I updated Chrome to the latest version after the problem started but there is no difference. </p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>"I am running Windows 7 and Google Chrome. The problem seems to be intermittent. Sometimes I get all the pics, then only the first , then the first two. I updated Chrome to the latest version after the problem started but there is no difference."</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Does the problem appear to correlate with slow loading? Did the problem occur only recently? <br>

<br>

Another thing to check is the various Chrome plugins - make sure you don't have two versions of the same plugin running simultaneously. You can access the plugins by typing this as the URL:<br>

<a href="chrome://plugins/">chrome://plugins/</a><br>

<br>

FIY, other Chrome options are available with this URL:<br>

<a href="chrome://about/">chrome://about/</a></p>

<p>If it's of any use, the NotScripts plugin for Chrome prohibits the display of Dropbox images unless I manually allow the page. There may be more to it than that, but I only use Chrome occasionally to anonymously check my own links.</p>

The first thing to do is to turn off all addons/plugins in Chrome. Actually, before that, try using a different browser when you next notice the problem. If neither of those fix the problem, you might need to look into your firewall. You can either try turning it off briefly while you try the page (you will need to do a hard refresh of the page - press shift+refresh), or if you can find the place to do it, add photo.net as an exception (or white-listed) page. The only other thing I can think of at the moment is the hosts file. Do you use a custom hosts file? If you don't know what a "hosts" file is, then the answer will be no. But if you do use one, try temporarily deleting all the website entries in it, and do a hard refresh and see if the page starts working.