re: lens for Shen Hao TZ45-IIB

sean_birnie

<p>Hullo..<br>

Apologies if this question or one like it has been asked elsewhere - I've been slightly overwhelmed by the amount of information available.<br>

I currently have a Cambo monorail with a schneider - kreuznach apo-symmar 5.6/150mm lens, Copal No. 0. <br>

If I wanted to use this lens on a Shen Hao TZ45-IIB, am I correct in thinking I would need to purchase a Shen Hao No. 0 lens panel like the one shown here: http://www.badgergraphic.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=129 ?<br>

Or would this not be possible? Is there anything else I would need to do? Sorry if these are stupid questions...<br>

Thanks for any help in advance!</p>

<p>I don't find them to be stupid questions at all.<br>

A lens that has the image circle to work on one 4x5 camera will work on any 4x5 camera, barring issues such as a bellows binding because the focal length is too short to sufficiently extend the bellows. <br>

You will need to either buy or make a lens board for the Shen Hao. I bought some thin plywood scrap, and sanded the edges until they fit the Shen Hao's front standard. You'd need a hole saw of the appropriate size for the center hole, and a forstner bit to counter-sink the rim for the retaining ring. Paint the inside matte balck and you're good to go. </p>

<p>Almost any of the inexpensive Technika type lens boards on Ebay will fit the Shen Hao. And you're correct about the size. You need a number 0 (zero) board.<br /> You might also want to pick up an adjustable spanner. Using two screw drivers on the jam nut is a recipe for dinging up your lens.<br /> JD</p>

<p>Thanks you for the helpful replies, David, Joseph, and David. I should really sell the Cambo to help pay for a Shen Hao, but if my decision to sell an RZ67 in order to pay for a Mamiya 7 is anything to go by - didn't happen - it's unlikely. So that board looks useful...</p>