RB67 shutter won't fire

mark liddell

I took out my RB pro s today and whatever I do it will not let me fire the

shutter, one of the interlocks is stopping it. The shutter is cocked, back is

on with darkslide removed, film is advanced. I've tried both lenses, both backs

even with the double exposure leaver moved over and get the same problem.

Without the back on, the shutter fires no problem at all. There is nothing

stopping the right hand pin going into the hole in the back either.

I'm sure this is no silly mistake on my part, I've been using it for 2 years

now. Any ideas guys?

Your problem can be a couple of things. The revolving back is not turned to the correct position. Your hand can be leaning on one of the tabs by the darkslide slot as yu are holding it, it's actually the slide locks that hold the back on, maybe they aren't engaged all the way causing it not to fire?

Take off the back, it fires now? Take off the revolving back, does it fire now? If it's only the film back, your locks are not being lid over far enough into a locked position.

The more you say, the less people listen.

Try checking that the tab is moveing out of the way when you pull out the slide. you could look at the little lever on the right hand side from the top to see if it drops. if that is the prob then pull of the top cover you will have to remove the rewind lever by first removing the little cover that hides the nut/screw on top of the lever. Manualy free it up you could put a very very small amount of machine oil on it but remember this is a film back and oil is not a friend of film. when im servicing cameras mainly the canon sweek on the a series i just put enough to cover a sewing pin then transfer it. Dave