rb67 motorized back slide size

norayr

Hello,

I use rb67 with motorized back.

On a back I read: '6x8', but when I measuer the negatives, I get 6x7.5, exactly.

If I manage to measure right.

So I have slide films, and I wonder which size of slide mounts should I buy? 6x8? 6x7?

Thank you.

Errm, why do you want slide mounts?

Do you have a 6x8 slide projector?

Doubtful, since such things must be rarer than hen's teeth.

What's wrong with simple plastic 120 film protector envelopes?

BTW. There appears to be no standardised size for '6x8' or '6x9' formats. 6x8 is listed as nominally 56mm x 77mm, but 6x9 can be anything from around 55mm x 78mm up to 56 x 84mm. My Graflex '23' back, for example, has an opening no bigger than 78mm wide.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1

• 1 year later...

hey, so i have an update.

i bought 6x7 slide mounts, and those are small to fit my mamiya rb67 transparency frames.

firstly, they crop the existing image a bit. secondly, i need to cut some part of the exposed film to fit it because inside the frame there are things that connect two sides of the frame together, and film prevents those to lock.

so for 6x7 slides one really needs 6x8 frames.

may be some unexposed part of those frames will be visible inside the frame, which i doubt, but definitely you won't need to cut your frames to fit in slide holders.

The Mamiya RB67 6x8 format was never intended for projection and no accessories were ever produced toward this purpose. There are no 6x8 slide frames unless you make your own and cut your own anti-newton glass. . There was never made a 6x8 slide projector but that does not stop you engineering one. One distant possibility is a Linhof Auditorium Projector which I understand can be modified to have a projection gate up to 8x8 but you still have to do custom engineering to get 6x8 slides into it. Good luck!