RAW files not loading completely

<p>In support of Jos' comments, this could <em>well</em> be due to a problem with the connection between camera and computer: are these being moved to the computer via a card reader, or direct from camera via USB cable?</p>

<p>If the latter - try a card reader and see if the problem continues. If you're already using a card reader, try another.</p>

<p>This can also be an indication of a problem with the computer's RAM or a possible failing hard drive (I've had the latter). Is it the same computer for both students?</p>

<p>ditto</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Hedley Lamarr: My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.<br /><br />Taggart: Ditto.<br /><br />Hedley Lamarr: "Ditto?" "Ditto," you provincial putz? <br>

<em>Blazing Saddles</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>To add a (possible) solution: try reloading the files if possible. This phenomenon is why I only reformat my cards after the files are tranferred to harddisk, checked and backed up.<br>

If the files are not available anymore try the program jpegsnoop, in some cases this is able to repair the files. </p>