Raw do not open

abhishek gupta1

<p>no, 2 different products. Aperture is much more heavy-duty DAM type product. But in the Mac ecoystem, it doesn't matter. Once they (Apple) releases a RAW update, the whole OS can make use of it and this update in particular does list iPhoto 09 and 11. Perhaps the OP has an even older version of iPhoto which might preclude the update.</p>

<p>Ah yes. I misread the post as the 6D, not the 60D. I believe you do need the update for the 6D, but the 60D has indeed been supported for a while.</p>

<p>If the OPs software predates the 60D (fall 2010) then an update might be required.</p>

<p><a href="http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5371">http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5371</a></p>

<p>Personally I use Canon's DPP for RAW conversions though I know many prefer to use an application with native RAW support to smooth the workflow.</p>

<p>What you need to do first is to go into your Apple Menu and select "Software Update" This will run an app on your Mac that will check for updates to your MacOS, and iPhoto, including any Camera RAW updates.</p>

<p>Note that you probably will need to have a Mac with an Intel processor to be compatible with the RAW update that includes the 60D. These Macs include any called "MacBook", "MacBook Pro" or "Mac Pro", and, I'm pretty sure, any that has a built-in SD card slot.</p>

<p>It gets a little harder with iMacs and Mac Minis, though any Mac that advertises "G4" or "G5" in the name does NOT have an intel processor. You can find out which you have by going to the Apple menu, and selecting "About This Mac". It will tell you whether you have one of the Intel processors, or a PowerPC processor.</p>

<p>If you have a PowerPC processor: you are limited in how up-to-date you can go. The last MacOS that works with PowerPCs is Mac OS 10.5 "Leopard", though many machines can only use up through MacOS 10.4 "Tiger". The version of iPhoto is also limited, as will be the RAW compatibility.</p>

<p>With an Intel processor, you can at least get up through Mac S 10.7 "Lion". If it is new enough, you can also get the latest, 10.8 "Mountain Lion". You can use the latest Aperture or iPhoto with the later OS.</p>

<p>I bought a 60D during FAll 2010 and iPhoto and Aperture both supported it with updates to Camera RAW in December 2010. As I recall I was using OS 10.58 (Snow Lep) and all was well. I don't recall the version of iPhoto but it was probably 8.x. The current version is 9.4x. However to run the newest versions of iPhoto/Aperture you need a more recent OS. </p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter