RAW conversion Sony A7 files to Mac OS 10.6.8

<p>Is it possible to do Raw conversion to an OS 10.6.8? Both Sony's Image data converter (IDC) and Phase One's Capture One for Sony (Sony-Express) seem to require OS 10.10 or later. Will I have to upgrade my OS to a later version or can I still use 10.6.8?</p>

<p>I copy my files from my Sony A6000 to my iMac, rename the file and then do conversion and tweaking with Photoshop Elements 13. When I get my Lightroom 5 working I will use it. Plenty of ways to get it done. Good luck!</p>

<p>The only native Apple conversion I know of is in Preview. Go to FINDER and highlight your RAW file. Right click on the highlighted file and select OPEN WITH. Select Preview. This opens the RAW file. You can then select to save it as a TIFF file. This is the only option I know of in the current IOS. I don't know how far back it works.</p>

<p>Arthur, maybe Aperture could be a possibility for you? As for an older version to use with 10.6.8, I had a similar issue once. I found that if you contact Apple directly, they can give you a "key" to the metaphorical backroom of the App Store, where they keep older versions of their software. I discovered this option quite by chance. The other issue, of course, is the A7 RAW format is new enough that it will likely not be supported in an older version of the software. In that case, I have been in the habit of converting my RAW files to DNG using the free Adobe DNG converter software. Not the best solution, but is at least a work around for the time being. Best of luck, Paul.</p>