Rarity of the 205FCC

leicaglow

<p>Years ago, I purchased a new 2000 FC, when they first came out ('82-ish?), but gave up on it after shutter problems were making it unreliable for paid work. It was one of the very first ones out of the factory, and I think it had something terribly wrong with it. I had one dedicated F lens at first: 110mm f/2, which I still have, and want to use again. I also picked up the 50mm and 150mm F version lenses later on, but only kept the 110mm because I loved the speed. I've owned various 20x bodies now and again, but have been looking a long time for the elusive 205FCC.</p>

<p>I'm not interested in buying one off of fleabay, but only from a private party or reputable camera company. I haven't seen one in forever. Anyone want to take a guess as to just how rare these are? Should I just go with the 203FE and call it good (I did own one briefly, and should have kept it). My goal is to shoot a CV digital back with it. Would features of the 205FCC be worth the wait and cost, do you think? As you can tell, I'm sort of kicking the tires and waiting for one to show up. What should I expect to pay if I can find one in good shape, maybe $2400? More? Less?</p>

<p>Peter Walnes has one for sale:<br>

<a href="http://www.peterwalnes.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,40/Itemid,1/">http://www.peterwalnes.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,40/Itemid,1/</a><br>

He is a reputable seller who usually has lower prices then most other sellers. I have bought several items (cameras and lenses) from him and I would not hesitate to buy again.<br>

Good luck, Frank<br>

<a href="http://www.frankbunnik.zenfolio.com">www.frankbunnik.zenfolio.com</a></p>

<p>Michael,</p>

<p>I still use my 2000FCm along with a 201f as the newer replacement and i also have a 205TCC. Of course I too, would had prefer the 205FCC or the 203FE.</p>

<p>Have you tried some of the dealers on eBAY such as SpiritnTruth, Kurland Photo, & K&M Camera?</p>

<p>Evan</p>

<p>Michael<br>

I have a 205FCC. I like the focal plane shutter, and obviously you do too. Isn't the main (only?) difference between that and the cheaper 203FE to do with metering, spot v. matrix? If that's it I would look for the latter.<br>

One point, I was under the impression that digital backs don't get on well with FP shutters.<br>

Laurence</p>

<p>I have poked around a lot of these sites, and just never see them (occasionally one comes up that looks beat to death). As for the digital backs, I'll have to check that out Laurence. I have a friend who uses one with a back, but I don't know which back. It may not be the Hasselblad back. Frank, thank you for that link. I think in USD, that's about what I'm looking for. Thank you all!</p>

• 3 weeks later...