Rapid Omega 200 question

johndc

Holy smokes, I haven't seen a Rapid Omega in sooooo long. I actually owned one and shot weddings with one in the 70s.

The holes are used to identify cameras or film backs or photographers. Used to be a dozen shooters that would work for one studio doing weddings. They covered some holes up to identify who's film belonged to who post processing.

Yikes, it's amazing that somebody would ask such an obscure question ... even more so that somebody else knew the answer.

Sigh.. Doug

Back in Ancient Times many of us would file little notches on the edge of the film aperture of our Leicas and Nikons so we could tell which body might be screwing up by looking at the negs. In Prehistoric Times, the days of wooden sheet film holders and 4x5 Speed Graphics, it was common to notch every holder on both sides, using a series of V notches and rectangular notches in the manner of Roman numerals. The outside of the holders had numbers scratched into them to match. That way your notes on what picture was of which person wouldn't get mixed up on the way to the newspaper editor's desk.

After I adjusted the RF I used the camera for only a couple of months before I picked up a

dslr and you can guess the rest. Also the closest pro lab like alot of them shut down, so it's

a little harder to get color film processed. It was 5 min from my work so I was spoiled.

But I need to get it back out and use some of the 120/220 film I have in my freezer.

wbill

My story is something of the opposite. I had gotten my DSLR and was forcing myself to use it exclusively, in order to become proficient with it. But then someone gave me the RO200, and I just love it. I shoot mostly B&W and do my own processing, but there is a good lab near me that does 120 C-41 and E-6 well.

Where are you located, Bill?

As a previous thread between John and Bill explained, there is a hole under the far right accessory shoe. Even though it's easy to show and to do, it's difficult to explain in writing--but I'll try.

The last shoe on the right consists of two separate pieces, a bottom plate and a top thin plate that snaps into the bottom one. To remove the top plate you first have to lift up the plate by wedging a tiny jeweler's slot screwdriver in the center of the edge towards the lens and then prying that end up, causing it to unsnap and then pushing it towards the camera back. This reveals the hole. Then take a small flashlight and shine it in the hole so you can see the head of the adjusting screw, which also requires a jeweler's screwdriver, and with the camera on a tripod, look through the rangefinder as you slowly turn the screw until the verticle is properly adjusted.

I hope this is clear. Good luck.