Random Street

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Allen Herbert, Jul 19, 2020.

1. No, it wasn’t

2. Anyway, time for a doggie pic. I feel so ... "liberated" ... now. :)

little-kid-dog-street-bw_5044-vign-ww.jpg

3. You and me Barry. DSC_3976bw.jpg

4. Scan061a.jpeg

Agfa Speedex B2 with 32 year old FP4.

5. More of same U_SeeThroughSkirts_4.jpg U_SeeThroughSkirts_4.jpg

MarcelRomviel likes this.
  6. There you go again, one-,upping. Bad habit.

7. One-up!!!!!

8. Why do old people walk around with rictus grins or canine snarls?

9. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

Hmm... probably because
    they're in pain...
    [​IMG]

10. I've been out of this this loop since last August. Not because of any critical remarks to my previous posts, just because I've been involved in other things than PN and Street Photography. Primarily a 2-month long local Photo Exhibition (and months of NL-> EN translation beforehand) and ongoing (amateur) portrait photography on locations. So I haven't done much Street Photography at all. I've enjoyed catching up with recent Random Street photos in this thread and I hope to contribute more and to the forum in the future.

I fully accept that my previous post on 'the best street photographers having a purpose' - though well intended- was wholly inappropriate in a 'Random Street Photography' thread. So I apologize to anyone who still remembers the post and feels that it was inappropriate. At the time, I had no intention whatsoever to 'devalue' any previous random photos or to recommend any 'standards'.

Mike

11. Similar reasons young people do?

Followup question: Why are photographers drawn to capturing them?

12. Why do old people walk around with rictus grins or canine snarls?
    Similar reasons young people do?

Followup question: Why are photographers drawn to capturing them?

I suppose my answer is we capture the world as it is. It is not all about folks making daisy chains in fields of yellow, or, just folks with rictus grins old or young.

Thinking yellow.

5.jpg

MarcelRomviel likes this.
  13. Responsibility and agency. We choose both what we capture and what we share.