Raised price to 5 digets today. RE website

candice

<p>I raised my prices to 5 digets today. If you have 6mins can you look over my images to make sure I dont have any weak links I am hanging on to.<br>

<a href="http://www.candiceCunningham.com">ME </a><br>

I dont need comments on blog or any text the editor is that up this week. I know what my editing skills are and that why Im outsourcing.<br>

Thank guys, happy shooting</p>

<p>:-)</p>

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I like your site. On the "About Candice" section there is a gray box that pops up with the wording "Candice Cunningham is a professional wedding photographer...." but it pops up over the background photos and writing that you have. There is a photo of you and a man, and I can only partly read the caption. I don't know if that is only on my screen or not, but just letting you know. You said you don't need comments on the text, but just letting you know, on the "Investments" page "specizlaed" (specialized?) and "includeing" (including) are spelled incorrectly. But I think you were trying to say you have someone editing for you, so you probably don't need to worry about it. Nice job, congrats on being able to to raise the prices. Good luck! :)</p>

<p>Hey Ashley, thank you for taking the time to read all of that, but it is being all redone.</p>

<p>Did anyone watch the slides all the way though?</p>

<p>I really regret saying how much I am raising them too, I now fear no one is going to be able to look past that when looking at the site and the images.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>This site is incredible... images are really beautiful. <br>

I have a few thoughts:<br>

The brides hands are up when she's putting her gown on, but the fingers are in your logo, I dont know if that was intentional, but my eyes were drawn up. <br>

I think I might look at the image with the bride and groom (where he's dipping her) with the blue lights in front of the band light, I see several other images I would place ahead of this in the site.<br>

There's a scene with a large lake, the horizon seems like it needs to be adjusted clockwise 2-3 degrees. *** I love the teary eyed bride, LOVE IT! <br>

There's harsh lighting on the mothers face (shes of indian descent), perhaps that could be adjusted a bit. The photo is underexposed and needs a bit of tweaking.<br>

The wedding w/groom and bridal party in white suits, in front of a green building should possibly be adjusted because the text interferes with the grooms head.<br>

The pic of the B G under the boardwalk is very overexposed, perhaps a small adjustment would great. It just appears a little too bright.<br>

The bride walking the dog has her head in the logo/company name.<br>

These are just a few thoughts in my humble opinion. Great site!<br>

Best of luck - Natalie</p>

<p>I think it's a very good selection of photos. It seems to give a good selection and presents your style nicely.</p>

<p>I didn't watch the entire slide show ( I have a very limited attention span for Flash slide shows, sorry!) but I did get through quite a few. The only shots that might be "weak" for my taste would be the one of the three East Indian ladies (Do you have another from the same wedding? Assuming it was a East Indian Wedding, that is) and maybe one less of the couple walking on the dirt road towards the hill in the distance. It's a beautiful shot that I like very much. I just find more than one or two redundant even though there are differences.</p>

<p>But otherwise I think you have done a fine job. Good luck.</p>

<p> </p>

Natalie You rock. That is what I needed. </p>

<p>Hey Lara thank you, It is Amy Seeley - <em>Gravel Lines </em> <br>

<em><br /> </em> <br>

>Christopher Im sorry your so grumpy, you must of had a bad day :-) Hope you have a better one.<br>

<p>I've seen the whole slideshow... the only thing I've picked up in terms of website stuff is that when it replays for the ?second time, at about song no 4 (? sorry - lost count, just have the music playing in the background now!) the music skips at the start of the song. Just for a beat or two (maybe it was just my computer doing silly things?)<br>

....<br>

30 seconds later, and it seemed to just stop halfway through that song and start at the beginning again.<br>

Don't know, as I said, if it's just my computer....</p>

<p>Scot I know you are right, I agree, .... You ever been just stuck with an image, thats really hard to give up. I am stuck on that image!!!<br>

I dont know why, LOL well I guess that is not true. I know exactly why. It was done a long time ago, ....... I hung around 2 hours after I was "due" to go home. So I could play with some light. I shot it in bar room style light, hand holding at a 1/10th or an 8th and I was sooooo excited when I got it home.<br>

Goodness LOL I will print it and hang it in my office thank you Scot!<br>

<p>Sorry for the multiple posts... one more thing, along the lines of Scott's thoughts about doubling up on images - there are two of a bride and groom against a wall, her legs wrapped around his, very close together. They're very similar.... maybe to include both, put them a bit further apart in the slideshow - at first I thought it was the same photo before I realised her hands were in a different position.</p>

<p>Nope, had a really good day today. It's kind of difficult to respond when you rip-off another artist's work, huh? A lot of photographers do it, but how would you feel if a band ripped off one of your images and put it on their CD cover without paying or crediting you? It's a serious slap for one "artist" to rip off another's work. It's also a Federal Felony. Check out the Assn for Recording Artists Website for specifics.<br /> <br /> Here's another practical question for you (my assistant raised it) : Why do you tout your wedding experience and have a picture of yourself shooting a non-bride in an airplane hangar? How does it fit? Wouldn't a Wedding image be more appropriate?</p>

<p>Hi Candie,<br>

I'm not 100% sure as to what you are asking. It appears that all of the links work with the exception of a link that sits on your about Candice page. The link http://www.elysiumblog.com/ dosn't work but perhaps it is not supposed to? The biggest problem is not the links but the layout of the about Candice page. If the page is viewed on my 30 inch monitor the type shows fine. If I view the page on a 17 inch monitor your logo ends up over the bio type. Overall the design of the bio page is poor and needs to be taken back to the drawing board. There are to many type fonts and other issues that could be improved to compliment your new pricing. Just my 2 cents. All the best in 2009</p>

<p>Christopher. I wrote out a long post to respond to that and I snapped out of it.<br>

But I will tell you: I had so much fun on that shoot at AA. It was amazing!!!!<br>

Last month I had the photo of me in the cock pit.<br>

Month before shooting photos of cars.<br>

It is who I am and that is what my clients are paying me for, they are paying to have me my style.<br>

So thank you everone including chris, for letting me know your thoughts. <br>

Have a great night hope to see some of you at WPPI</p>

<p>Betty L, Just for grins, I did a "rights" check on the rip from Amy Seeley's track on that website and found it was <erased> (which is why there is no "performer" on the notifier) and downloaded via bitTorrent (LimeWire, most likely). To the Devil's Advocate I would respond, if Candie is a buddy of Amy Seeley's, I suspect Amy would have given her a copy thus avoiding the LimeWire download...but hey, that's just me.</p>

<p>I am sorry if I sound extremely rude, but this is honestly how I feel... After reading your subject line, "Raised price to 5 digets today." and then being introduced to your site by The Fray's copyrighted song, I want nothing more than to NOT view your site. I find it downright disgusting that you are gloating that you have raised your prices to more than 10k (that is if I am understanding "5 digets" correctly) this year in this economic turmoil yet you STEAL from another ARTIST to further yourself. Shame on you. Good luck with your 5 dig<strong>i</strong>t bookings this year.</p>

<p>Christpher Hartt does have a point. In the old days I worked as a musician, actually have a music degree from Peabody Conservatory and I made a decent living playing in The Washington Air Force Band, playing with the Maryland Symphony, and teaching college. Sadly the clarinet reeds were full of pesticides, which ended my music career. I still have a lawsuit against the reed company Rico. I won the lawsuit againt the pesticide companies. Long story short almost all musicians fail to make a living, only 2 percent of the college graduates make it into a symphony or a military band. I have very strong opinions and I support Christophers actions that the artists need to be paid. In 1982 I played the sax for a Cher tour and I still get royalty checks from the recordings. I also make a few bucks from symphony recordings. I'm a member of 2 musicians unions, although they are great to belong to there simply isn't enough funds to fight every website, so the actual artists have to sue, but they don't have the money either, to find an attorney, try to get paid for the usage, so frankly speaking it's easy to get away and it's a no win situation for the artist.</p>

<p>With that history, lets work together as artists and support other artists by paying a small usage fee for the musicians.</p>

<p>Another comment is a magazine in Washington State used an image of mine and didn't pay me. After hiring an attorney for his opinion he charged me $400. He suggested to sue in small claims court. I did. The judge awarded me $250. I asked for $5000. I was pretty hurt emotionally and this is why I no longer have a website.</p>