Rainy days and a Contina

Dean - great shots - I know how you were feeling: by the time spring comes around I feel like a mole in a hole! You have wonderful wild flora around there - I thought it was only in England that fields could be gardens.

Of course, the classic Microbus (aka conception device) raises a question -- is that negative reversed, or did you really find a beetlebus with doors on the driver's side?? I didn't think they made any of those (but there were enough oddball rare variants, like the 4-door pickup bed version, that I'm not completely certain).

These are nice, and reinforce my opinion that the Novar mounted on a compact, guess focus camera body is often more than good enough. No excuse not to carry one at all times, especially if its one of the folding models.

I have several non-rangefinder cameras (vito b, Kodak Retina Ia, IB). I wonder if there are any rules of thumb analogous to the sunny-16 rule for exposure to assist in estimating range. Several of my cameras have the range in metric units which compound the problem in that I must guess the range in feet and then guess the conversion to meters. BTW, neat looking camera and nice photos.

Thanks everyone for checking in on this Contina.

We get two runs of the stuff called rape seed. The stuff you see on the Contina page is used for fine industrial oils. Another crop will come up soon, but its for people to eat...Canola. The two are variations, and are planted at different times to prevent cross pollinisation (sp?).

Mike C. This came to me in poor shape. I got into it, and now it's a reliable shooter.

Benny; Has someone been stealing my stuff?

Graham; It's very wet and cool in spring here. And green.

Donald and Graham; This is one of VW's variations. They had more types of bus/combi/transporter than Zeiss has for Continas! This is right hand drive, could have been an old firefighter (unlikely), but most likely a delivery. It has doors on both sides.

Mike K. Agreed. Most people here know that a triplet is more than adequate, if not down right good.

Kerry; I use kind of a sunny 16 equivelant. One arm, two arms, 10 feet, more. This camera is calibrated in meters too. It's goofy to me, as it starts at .9m then 1, 1.2, 1.5, 2, etc. "Be the camera, grasshopper", I guess...

By the way, if you want a camera like this, Enter the 50's contest! This camera is one of the prizes.