radiopopper jrx for 380ex

milbourn

<p>I currently use a canon 380ex flash connected to a 10d with a cord for social events. I hold the camarea in one hand and the flash in the other. For a start, I would like to use a wireless connection between the flash and the camera that uses the ettl functionality. I would then like to add another wirelessly connected flash to use as background flash, probably something cheap like a vivitar 273. Would it be possible to use the radiopopper jrx for this or is there another realtively cheap option that I could get in the UK. I wouold be grateful for any ideas please. </p>

<p>The new JRx's are supposed to be able to use the quench pin to control the output, but it's not metered. You set the "level" on the transmitter and the proper receiver and RP Cube combo (which I don't believe is out yet) can use this to control the output of the flash. And it's supposed to work with any flash that uses a quench pin.</p>

<p>I've only read about it, but if you go over to Flickr and ask at the <a href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/strobist/">Strobist group</a> you're sure to get a more solid response.</p>

<p>The RP PX or P1 unit would need a master flash on camera and would not be able to control a 273 via TTL. The PX would be able to fire it with a JRx receiver.</p>