Quickload is done, no?

keith_anderson7

<p>I heard last year that Quickload was going away. However I was surprised to see huge stocks of the stuff online and at my local photo store. No one was around to ask at the store, but it made me wonder if they're just selling what's left of the last production run or if there was some change I hadn't heard of and they're still making it.</p>

<p>Scuttlebutt last year was first that they were being discontinued. How I later heard it explained was that the old numbers were announced as becoming obsolete and that new catalog numbers and slightly different designations were forthcoming. But before the new ones were announced, I stocked up on Quickloads-- as perhaps did many others. Helluva way to move product.<br>

Did Q/Ls in fact get discontinued? I sure like them for airline travel and for backpacking.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>When you finally run low you can find some Mido cut film holders and use them. They work very well for some and not so well for others. If you are one they work well for you have a lightweight double film holder system that cuts weight and bulk in a big way. Very nice system for those who are comfortable with using them. They are no longer being made but on the used market you should be able to find some.<br>

If you try them and don't like them you can always re-sell on these forums. As I posted, some really like them and are often on the lookout to buy more.</p>