Quick Yashica Electro 35 GT battery fix.

<p>Hello all,<br /> Just to post a quick battery fix I tried with my Yashica Electro 35 GT. I took a steel spring out of a clicky pen and "screwed" the first 1/8th of it around the spring inside the battery well of the camera and popped in a CR123A battery and it works. The slow and over lights light up and the shutter speeds seem to be right. The steel spring keeps the battery in position and conducts juice. I do not hold an electrical engineering degree from any accredited institution however.</p>

<p>I can't resist posting pics, I took this out the same day as my Argus C3. This Yashica is in rough shape, pitting on the metal surfaces, crud in the battery well, and the viewfinder is dirty. If anyone has any resources or links they can point me to for cleaning the viewfinder or general maintenance, I'd greatly appreciate it.<br /> Thanks!</p>

<p>Forgot to mention film was Fujicolor Press 400.</p><div>00T1hs-123709584.JPG.e200faffdf3ee7d040f2d90ef406263a.JPG</div>

<p>Nice photos Al, those Yashica RF's have very nice lenses and good resolving power. Unfortunately I am not not too crazy about the Yashica Electro line because they lack full manual control which can be a deterrent for some compositions.</p>

<p>I have an original Electro and it not fairing too well with electrical problems. It's displaying nice on the shelf :-(.</p>

<p>Thanks for the compliments!</p>

<p>Ralf, it's my first Yashica and even though it's in ugly shape I must say I do like it. The lack of manual control is a turn off though. Too bad about your Electro! I've read that you can use these rangefinders without batteries at a 1/500 shutter speed. Maybe the desire will get strong enough and you'll open yours up! lol.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...