Quick question about battery backs for E1 Boosters.

canon man

Quick question here. I just bought a 1n with Booster for a very nice

price. It doesn't have the battery clip for the booster. Does the AA

clip for the BPE1 also fit hthe PBE1, or the Booster E1. I know they

both take 8 AA or atleast that is what I have gathered off this forum

thus far. For the price the camera and booster are coming for I can

live with finding a battery clip, or cartridge as I have heard it

refered to.

After shipping...$371. Couple of hours ago on ebay. I have seen them go for around this price before, but figured with good ole Irish luck I would have paid more. But I think the guy has another one thus no battery clip. The pictures show it with and without, so I imagine he's sittin on it for another camera. I found some NiCad packs at Adorama. I'll check a few other places tommorrow. I'll be glad to have the in view finder metering scale, spot meter and large view finder again. Things I really miss about my old T90. The weatehr sealing for that good ole Oregon Sunshine will be nice too!

DS, congrats on your 1N. That's a lot cheaper than I've seen at the local camera stores. I sure hope it fixes your problem you've mentioned with the fit between your E7 and 70-200/2.8.

Come on, now, you gotta admit. The weather hasn't been that bad in OR this winter. I don't think it's been bad enough :)

Yes Charles it has been a mild winter this year here. I am hoping for one heck of stormy spring or things are gonna burn bad this summer. In fact today there is not a cloud in the sky. Also things have been wanting bloom since the beginning of the month which is not a good sign. I fear Oregon's drought is going to last another year, and this one is going to be bad.

Now I have to wait for the US Mail. I would imagine the lens mount on the 1n will fit the 70-200 like the 630 does. I gather it would be the difference in toloerances in the production line. It will also be nice to have a camera again that is designed for hard use. I carry them with me everywhere. At the price it obviously does not look like it just came out of the box, but surprisingly it is not near as bad as some I have seen that went for more. I had also counted on just finding a 1n so the booster is definetly a bonus. Now what I don't get is the description at Canon's museum states the 1N and the !NHS both shoot 6 frames per second, but I have heard reports here that the 1NHS shoots faster than that. Not like I need too much more but I am planning to go to the local BMX track here this spring for some photo ops. I also heard the 1NHS is essentially the 1n with the booster, I may be wrong with this though so I am getting ready to go through the archives again and research this.

at any rate, the auto focus ability is reported to be awesome, and the spot meter are a boon for what I need right now. I am really looking froward to it.

The cool part is that the elan7 can go in my wifes hands, and she really loves it. When we first met she told me she wanted to learn to do Black and White so I will be able to teach her without her getting too exasperated. She likes the feel, and the fact that it can do it for her if she needs it too. I feel lucky that despite my injuries my partner is also my best freind, we have always worked well together( we spent our honey moon finishing a drywall job I had going on so we could get paid) Now with this endeavor, she is there too.

Funny thing is I don't need all the automatic settings, I have this innate need to be in control, and this will give that creative control back, plus it still has a few perks.

Now its just the waitng game for the mail.