Quick & EZ 35mm film holder

Hello everyone. Using my Fed's & now the XG-1 more frequently, I find the need to carry an extra roll, or two, of 35mm film with me. The Fed's live in a nice Lowepro case, but the XG-1 for now is solo. So, here is a "quick & dirty" film holder that will go onto/around the strap I have on the XG-1. Surely, adaptable to anything you tote around. Simple drill two holes in the black film can, insert a length of cord that can be looped thru itself on the strap. Enjoy, Aloha Bill

DSCF6672-horz.jpg.4f51b41977eece6748482f492d1f8ad7.jpg

Looks nice, but I have to admit an aversion to having things "dangling" off my camera. The old lens cap retainers that every amateur photographer in the 70s and 80s use to buy were bad enough.

I have a straps from the 70s and 80s with elastic bands designed to hold film cans, although admittedly I don't use them. I usually find my pockets more convenient :) . Admittedly, though, I've had funny looks pulling foil-wrapped 120 out of my pockets due to their apparent resemblance to a female sanitary product. Then again, I get even funnier looks when I'm shooting black powder out of shot guns as I like to clean black powder residue at the range as such products are an inexpensive, disposable, and absorbent item that can fit both 12 and 16 gauge shotgun barrels almost perfectly.

Edited by ben_hutcherson