question on Zuiko 28mm 3.5

jack_nordine

<p>I just picked up an Olympus OM G. Zuiko 28mm 3.5 lens at an estate sale. From what I've read on several threads, this is a solid performer. My question has to do with different variations of this lens. My copy has serial number 115709 and it has a silver nose. Are there any differences in image quality between this version and the ones with a black nose and later serial numbers? Also, would I be correct in assuming that no version of this lens is multicoated? Thanks.</p>

<p>According to Mir.com the optical formula remained the same throughout the f3.5 production cycle and was only changed with the introduction of the f2.8 version. One source mentioned there was no multicoat mentioned in the lens data produced by Olympus throughout the product cycle of this lens.</p>

<p>I have two 28/3.5s at home. One is a black nose and it certainly appears to be multi-coated. The other I don't know since it is faulty and put away. I will dig it out tonight and have a look.<br>

I had a silver-nose 28/3.5 in the 70's that I used a lot and always got wonderful pictures from. I gave it away 10 or 12 years ago, after I got a 2.8.</p>

<p>So, don't worry about all that and just use your lens. You will be very happy. I promise oyu.</p>