Question about Wasabi battery chargers

chrsgrhm

<p>I just got two Wasabi batteries and a battery charger, but it didn't come with instructions, so I have no idea how to tell when the battery is charged. I plugged the charger and batter into the wall yesterday, assuming I needed to give it an initial charge, and the light was solid orange. 24 hours later, it's still solid orange. I was expecting it to turn green, but I guess the indication that it is fully charged is a solid light? And I guess when it's not charged, it blinks? It didn't blink when I first put it in, though, so that must mean it was charged when I got it.<br>

<br />Anybody have one of these and know the answer?</p>

<p>Okay, I've been charging the second battery for the past two hours and the charger did turn green. I'm going to try the first battery again. See, I put it in last night and didn't check it today. While I was gone at work today, my mom unplugged it and doesn't remember whether it was red or green when she unplugged it. Now, when I plug it back in, it's red. If it was green when it was unplugged, is it possible that it's red now? I mean, batteries don't lose their charge without being used, right? </p>

<p>It's not unusual for the charger to default to a state of charging, at least for a few minutes, to "top off" the battery as it takes measurements to decide if it's done. And yes, there is going to be some discharge whether you're using the batteries or not, and possibly quite a lot if the battery is left <em>in the charger</em> with the charger unplugged. Depending on how the charger is designed, it could actually trickle the battery back down a bit while sitting there unpowered. <br /><br />Note also that young/new batteries will tend to exhibit slightly different behavior than will those that you've put to work through a few use/charge cycles.<br /><br />For what it's worth, I've got a couple of Wasabi chargers and batteries for some odd-ball uses, and they seem to be doing the job.</p>

• 1 month later...