Question about selling Leica gear here...

<p>I have a friend who has some Leica gear to sell. I had been successful here in the past doing just that. I look now at the classifieds, and only see a few items in Leica, and in the other categories. I don't see a "Contact" button to ask questions in general on Photo.net. Anyone know why only a few items are shown? Is this still a good, and free, place to list gear for sale?<br /> Thanks,<br /> Charles</p>

<p>IMHO your best and largest exposure to a wide audience isn't here, but rather on the big auction site E***. I've bought and sold Leica gear there for over 15 years; I've also used Craigslist and the L-Camera Forum...but the big auction site always wins out.</p>

<p>Free, yes. How much anyone will see it might be another question. I don't think there's any way to really know how many will see it and definitely no automation for questions. Traffic in general on this site isn't what it used to be.</p>

<p>I would imagine you'll get more responses/looks if you post it somewhere like the classifieds at Rangefinderforum.com.</p>

I'd post here and on rangefinderforum.com as well, where a lot of viewers will see it. That forum charges a

minimal fee for placing the ad and gives you a chance to offer the item for less because you don't end up

giving as much to the large auction site. If it still doesn't sell you can put still put it on ebay without having

lost much more than a few weeks of time.

<p>Like Photonet in general, I am pretty sure the traffic has declined here, but I see no reason why you should not post here. The trouble with many ads on Photonet is that they show no photos and have minimal explanation - a recipe for failure. I'd agree with Ray's approach. I also suggest Fred Miranda's site, although you will have to pay to put up an ad.</p>
Robin Smith