Question about how bridge handles xmp files.

<p><br /> After opening my raw files in bridge, for what ever reason, I now get a xmp file with every raw image as well. I don't know what I changed, before all I would see is the image, without the xmp files visible.<br /> One thing that I do differently with CS3. I use "get photos from camera", and apply copy right and open in bridge. I also tell it to copy all of the raw files to a folder on a different drive as a backup.</p>

<p>Scott,<br /> <br /> Thanks for the reply. So, by adding the copy right info, is this why I'm getting a xmp file with each image in bridge? If so, is there a way to hide these xmp files? I didn't have this issue with CS2. I've searched the net, but haven't found a answer.</p>

<p>You can do a preference setting in Adobe Camera Raw preventing use of the "sidecar" xmp files to store RAW changes. Got to the ACR Preferences and select store changes in ACR database in place of in xmp files.</p>

<p>Bill,<br>

The most common method used to get rid of the sidecars is to convert your files to DNG. You can use the database option Sam mentioned, but the vast majority of users warn against that, mostly because you're storing all your changes in one big file instead of many tiny containers. If you don't want to convert to DNG (a hotly debated topic), you need to stick with sidecars.</p>