QuadToneRIP for Windows released

I haven't seen a mention of this here yet so I thought those of you

with a 2100/2200 might be interested to know that a beta version of

QuadToneRIP for Windows has been released:

http://harrington.com/QuadTonePC.html

This will allow you to print truly neutral BW images without

metamerism on your 2100/2200 printer. It's a great alternative to

Imageprint at only 1/10 of the price.

I have downloaded and installed the beta for XP, however the .bat file does not seem to be set up for the parameters required to make things function. I get a "no printer" message and nothing prints. What's more, certain file name references in the directions do not match the file names that appear in the folders once everything is unzipped. I am not a computer moron by any stretch, but I messed around for about 3 hours and couldn't get anything to pop into action. Suggestions?

I recommend you to ask questions about QTR on the DigitalBW list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint/

The developer of QTR, Roy Harrington, is active on the list, and you will also get the added benefit of help from other users who are successfully using QTR on windows. There have been lots of discussions recently about the new windows version.

So I think I figured it out finally. Unzipping puts everything into the Unzipped folder, but for some reason, installing leaves some items in the Unzipped folder but puts others in a new QuadtoneRIP folder. Once you move everything into the QuadtoneRIP folder, everything works.

I was pleased to see this version of the RIP for Windows at last, and it does look very promising. The main fault I have found is a blotchy level 0 patch when I printed out the 21step.tif file supplied in the package on H. Photo Rag (using PFA curves). The blotchyness is due to small lighter horizontal dashes and is not random, as the pattern was the same when I repeated the print. This was with a 2100 on Win XP Home and I don't get this when printing with the Epson driver. Does anyone else have this problem?